Hi Grace Kids and Parents!
We are continuing our emotions series, learning about anger. It’s OK to feel mad! Everyone feels mad sometimes! But it’s not OK to make wrong choices because you’re mad. Watch this week’s Konnect HQ video to learn about what to do when you’re mad.
Have a Worship dance party with your family! Show them some of our favorite songs that we sing together every week!
Play A Game:
1. Read a scenario from the activity supplement (Attached Activity Supplement).
2. If it’s a godly way to handle anger, kids say, “Truth!” and give a thumbs up.
3. If it’s a sinful way to handle anger, kids say, “Trash!” and give a thumbs down.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 with the remaining scenarios on the activity supplement.
5. If time allows, keep playing, with kids making up their own scenarios.
Lastly, take some time to talk about this week’s lesson with your family. Choose a few review questions.
1. What sins are you tempted to do when you’re angry?
2. What advice would you give someone who pretends they’re not angry?
3. How does it make you feel if people hit, yell, ignore you, or fight because they’re angry?
4. How do you think other people feel if you do those things?
5. Think of a time you or someone you knew was mad but didn’t sin. Share it with your family.
Parents, here is a ‘Crisis Parent Conversation Guide’ that you can use to support your kids in this challenging time.